For over 30 years, EnviroIssues has helped to bridge the gap between the planning of built environments, and the communities and natural resources affected by those development decisions. We have a passion for transportation, natural resource, and construction and work to offer innovative, dynamic, high-quality services to our clients. We are also reorienting to human-centered practices and advancing our efforts to truly center community in community engagement.
Here's a few tidbits on what it’s like to be a community engagement consultant:
- Our team primarily works on a variety of projects at once, working across different sectors (transportation, water, energy, wastewater, environmental cleanup, transit, land use and planning, and natural resources). This offers you flexibility to try new and different things or specialize.
- We offer our clients advice based on our experience on how to approach community engagement, outreach, and communications, ultimately working with them as they make final decisions related to the project implementation.
- We work with community, to listen to their perspectives and feedback, and support our clients understanding how to address and respond to community input.
- Our team is constantly finding and being flexible to new opportunities. Consulting always means your project work is shifting and you get to try new things and take on new responsibilities as you grow.
- We track our time so we can bill our clients and understand our internal investments on a weekly basis.
- We want to uphold a culture of collaboration, partnership, and honest feedback. We recognize feedback is a necessary component of our growth and continued learning.