Regular Full-time (40 hours/week) Hourly- Benefitted Position.
Annual salary range between $60,000-$65,000.
Applications accepted until 5pm Sunday 12/15/19.
Our EnviroIssues team is passionate about supporting communities in having a voice and opportunity to influence the issues impacting their everyday life. We work to communicate complex government policy, transportation, environmental, and urban planning issues to community members and find meaningful ways for all communities to shape these issues. As a consulting firm, we work with a wide variety of clients, mainly in the public sector, on public involvement and community outreach. With over 100 of us across offices in Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, and Oakland, we collaborate and support each other in defining collective success.
We’re committed to equity and early in our journey towards being an antiracist workplace. We hope to build a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work, diversity of ideas, leadership, and work styles; and will support our vision of an equitable and thriving workplace. We encourage anyone who brings bilingual and/or multicultural background and/or lived experience that help us include all voices in an equitable way to apply.
The Human Resources Generalist position is responsible for supporting the overall employee experience at EnviroIssues. This position will serve as a key team member in executing day-to-day tasks needed to develop and maintain an equitable thriving workplace; with focus on: the recruitment process; employee onboarding & orientation; employee relations; performance management; employee coaching and training, and administering employee programs, which includes employee benefits programs. This position contributes to a growing and dynamic workforce by partnering and working in tandem with the Director of People and Culture and other members of leadership, to provide excellent day-to-day input/feedback on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management and development; and organizational growth consultation.
This position is one of the cornerstones in building a dynamic HR team. The best candidate must have a strong desire to build community, personally grow and learn, coach, and motivate others in their growth. This position will be part of the team leading our organizational journey towards racial equity.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:/p>
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent in business or related field or HR Certification preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources experience that is typically required in a Generalist, HR Coordinator or Specialist role.
- Proven strong foundation and knowledge of principles & practice of HR including employment law & compliance requirements; along with working knowledge of local, federal, and state regulations
- Must have experience working with HR Information systems and other employee software tracking systems; preferred ADP experience
- Proven knowledge of full lifecycle recruiting components to include sourcing candidates; qualifying; networking; assessing; wage/salary trends programs and policies
- Ability to articulate and exhibit knowledge on how oppression, institutional racism, and privilege have historically impacted workplace environments
- Must have a strong sense of urgency, and ability to maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive issues
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure, and multi-task with multiple stakeholders
- Strong desire and ability to effectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues and champion a culture of growth-minded feedback and dialogues
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to make recommendation to effectively resolve problems or issues
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Conditions of Employment:
- A valid driver's license is required
- Occasional travel to sites/events outside of Seattle
- Occasional evening work, with advance notice, to complete collaborative projects
To apply, please email the below listed directly to, email@example.com.
- Resume highlighting relevant experience
- Cover letter sharing with us information about you and your interest in this position
- Completed Self-Identify Form from our website
- Answers to the following questions:
- Human Resources plays a critical role in the culture of an organization, please describe what you feel that role is and how you would contribute to that role.
- Please share what you feel is needed to create an equitable and thriving workplace.
- Please share your experience and background with navigating conflict in the workplace.
- Please share your experience and background of coaching and mentoring.